Skip to main content
- 78 Families from Raigoda Village from Satkosia Tiger Reserve were relocated. The land acquired is being developed as pasture land for herbivores.
- 70 HA of Mangrove Forest plantation in 2017-18.
- 132 HA meadows developed in 2017-18 to provide fodder for ungulate species.
- 369 Anti-poaching/protection squads have been deployed.
- 116 Anti-depredation squads deployed to prevent loss of life and property due to wildlife. These squads help in driving out elephants and other wild animals from human-inhabited areas to forest areas.
- 534 Eco-Development Committees developed for protection and conservation of forests and wildlife with help from the local people.
- 72 Fire-fighting squads.
- 5 Off-shore and 57 on-shore camps have been established in 6 coastal divisions for conservation of marine turtles and other marine fauna.
- Under the Integrated Coastal Zone Management Project, 10 river squads at Bhitarkanika and 2 patrolling boats at Rushikulya have been deployed for protection of olive ridley sea turtles.
- New software to monitor the morality of olive ridley sea turtles on a daily basis has been developed. It is now operational in 6 Coastal Divisions.
- Crime Cell has been created to take up proper and timely investigation into wild animal poaching.